I’ve had a variety of stomach and digestion issues ever since I was a child. It started off with a bad case of acid reflux which was diagnosed as regurgitation.
Our family physician said this had to do with eating spicy foods and the simple fix was to not over eat and to just eat blander food.
Growing up in the deep South of Louisiana where cajun food was a staple of my diet this was no easy task (it also turned out to be something COMPLETELY false).
As I grew older, my stomach and digestive issues would flare up from time to time and my acid reflux was still present. I tried Prevacid and a few other proton pump inhibitors but they seemed to cover up one issue and just lead to more stomach complications.
The issues would flare up for a few weeks and then die down for months at a time. Everyone I knew just assumed I had a “sensitive stomach”.
Enter The Low Stomach Acid Theory
In my late 30′s I stumbled across some natural health blogs and forums which had a considerable amount of information around low stomach acid. The theory (backed up by numerous scientific studies) showed that individuals with IBS, Acid Reflux & Heart burn actually suffer from not enough stomach acid.
When the stomach has low acid levels it allows “bad bacteria” build up in the stomach lining which causes digestion problems. Food is also not properly digested and can be “refluxed” up the throat. The bad bacteria can release noxious gas which results in burping or flatulence.
That’s when I decided to experiment with Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and some dietary changes. Within a few moments of dosing ACV the right way I was able to digest food without any issues.
I also encountered some rather pleasant changes in my health:
- Energy levels went up and I drank little to no coffee.
- My appetite was suppressed
- Not only was my Acid Reflux “cured” but my heartburn and IBS symptoms went away.
Apple Cider Vinegar has helped me a great deal (but regardless of what you find on the Internet I doubt it will help you lose weight) but ideally it doesn’t SOLVE the problem with low stomach acid.
And while it has a ton of benefits that make me want to take it for the rest of my life I’m not 100% convinced that it is the RIGHT solution to heart burn, GERD and other stomach ailments.
And Then Everything Changed (for the BETTER)
It turns out that stomach acid is a big part of the problem but certain dietary changes were needed to REALLY cure me of all my stomach issues. While ACV has helped a great deal (even producing instant relief for me once I learned how to properly dose it) it was in some ways just covering up deeper issues with my digestion.
Jeff Martin’s Heartburn No More is the real cure you’re looking for. You will find immediate relief to painful symptoms of GERD, IBS, Heartburn and Reflux and learn about a new system of eating that will provide you with a long lasting cure to the root of your digestive problems.
Here’s a list of problems I’ve had go away since reading and following Jeff’s guide:
- Sinus and allergy issues – turns out a lot of our “allergies” have to do with our bodies not being able to properly digest food.
- Clearer/Softer Skin – as a man this doesn’t mean much to me but once my digestion started working my face, arms and legs all lost their dryness and need for lotion. Proper digestion solves a lot of problems we think are just supposed to afflict us.
- Energy Levels – All in all with my digestion issues behind me I rarely drink coffee and need caffeine (even if I don’t get a good night’s sleep) and feel my energy levels are steady and consistent throughout the day.